Oxbridge applicants 2016.
Past students of Ellesmere Port Catholic High School, Daniel Kibbey and Hannah Bush came in to school to speak to our Oxbridge candidates about their own experiences. Daniel is currently studying Chemistry at Oxford University and Hannah is studying Psychology at Cambridge University. During the session our students got the chance to ask any questions they had about studying and life in general at these prestigious institutions.
UCASstands for the 'Universities and Colleges Admissions Service'. They are the organisation responsible for managing applications to higher education courses in the UK. The application process has sections for our students to complete (i.e. to submit their personal statement) as well as a section for a referee (their form tutor) to write their reference.
For our Year 13 students the emphasis on University/college applications started in Year 12 with talks from different Universities and during PHSE day in July when Nottingham University came in to speak to students about how to complete their personal statements.
- May 2015-UCAS Apply for 2016 available.
- Mid-September 2015 — Applications can be submitted
- 15TH October 2015 — Deadline for most applications to the Universities of Oxford, Cambridge and applications for medicine, dentistry, veterinary science and veterinary medicine
- 15th January 2016 - Deadline for application most other courses.
- 24th March 2016 — Deadline for applications to art and design courses.
To help ensure that all the necessary aspects of the application are completed in good time we have devised our own set of deadlines which have been communicated with all our Year 13 students:
- 11th September 2015 — submission of initial interest form. This form will enable the form tutor to have a full and frank discussion with all the members of their form regarding their initial choices.
- 25th September 2015 — students are to submit the first draft of their personal statement to form tutors.
- 5th October 2015 — a personal statement intervention session will be available for all students who need additional help at this stage. Reminder that all Oxbridge/medicine etc. applications need to be in by 15th Oct.
- 5th October 2015— deadline for staff to submit their subject specific reference information to form tutors.
- 22nd October 2015 — final deadline for students to hand in their personal statement to form tutors for checking.